This is an extremely exciting, natural, emotional and life changing process. From the early stages of morning sickness to birth, reflexology can help with the physical, mental and emotional changes that you may experience.
Maternity Reflexology is a safe and practical therapy for pregnant women and it is also one of the most relaxing therapies you can choose to have during pregnancy. It is excellent in maintaining a balance during the rapidly changing balance of pregnancy.
Reflexology sessions increase relaxation, energize and balance, aiding a healthier pregnancy creating the best conditions possible for your baby to grow and develop.
During pregnancy a reflexology session can assist with:
- Balancing hormones (which is helpful for nausea and vomiting)
- Pain + Discomfort
- Lower Back Pain and backache
- Lack of sleep
- Fatigue and energy levels
- Poor circulation
- Stress and anxiety
- Constipation and digestive issues
- Fluid retention – swollen feet and ankles
How many reflexology sessions will I need?
- Monthly sessions up to 28 weeks
- Fortnightly sessions up to 36 weeks
- Weekly session up to 40 weeks
Can Reflexology cause a miscarriage?
- Reflexology can not and will not cause a miscarriage. A large percentage of early miscarriages are due to chromosomal abnormalities in the foetus. If there is a risk of foetal loss due to other causes, such as habitual miscarriage, reflexology can balance your hormones and stress levels. As a result there is a good chance that the mother will be able to maintain the pregnancy.
- As a Maternity Reflexologist trained by a highly experience midwife I am not in favour of using Labour Priming techniques unless I have treated the mother to be throughout her pregnancy. Labour priming is a method by which specific reflex points are strongly stimulated with the intention of creating a boost of energy to encourage the onset of labour contractions. Many women, who are post-term and have no other medical issues, respond well. One or two treatments may be required.
Post Natal Care
- Post natal reflexology is an excellent way to help the mother get back on her feet. Once your baby is born, your body still has many changes to deal with.
Post natal reflexology may help with:
- Balancing and restoring Mum’s fragile hormones
- General physical and emotional well being
- Energy loss and tiredness due to lack of sleep
- Valuable asset for Lactation aiding milk flow
- Mastitis (blocked breast ducts )
- Preventing Post natal depression
- Stress, tiredness and exhaustion
- Encourages quicker healing after surgical intervention.
I offer post natal mobile visits to your home in which you can breast feed baby or sleep through your treatment and have your baby by your side. Alternatively, lots of new mums bring their babies with them to my practice and are able to attend to their baby’s needs whilst enjoying their treatment.